• Background 1
  • Background 2
  • Background 3
  • Background 4
  • Background 5
  • Background 6
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Secret Key Remember me

TOPIC: What is your unit's policy on video recording?

What is your unit's policy on video recording? 3 weeks 2 days ago #628

• Kevin Austin
My unit is working to develop a policy on video recording, management and storage of said recordings. I've been in the unit for 15+ years and we have never developed a policy. It has been left up to the aircrew to decide when to record and which recordings are saved on our unit's server. Up to this point it hasn't been an issue for us, but our admin is requiring us to develop a policy since most of our deputies wear body worn cameras. Every recorded second is downloaded and saved at the end of their shifts. It's just the times we're living in. Any input is greatly appreciated!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

What is your unit's policy on video recording? 1 week 3 days ago #630

• Lee Majors
  • Thank you received: 2
At the Leon County Florida Sheriff's Office when to record is left up to the air crew. Usually turned on any time it's a hot call or likelihood of capturing evidence. If something substantial, or of evidentiary value is captured it is immediately, at the end of the flight, pulled from the aircraft and uploaded as evidence in the agency video storage system with the appropriate documentation. Once a week all video captured for the previous week is pulled from the aircraft and uploaded as administrative video, meaning it had no immediate evidentiary value, in the agency video storage system. By uploading all video into the agency system all of the document retention and evidence destruction policies are followed by the evidence section not us. It also gives us a way to search for video by case number or date. If the video has training value a copy can be kept on a local drive and labeled as "training, not evidence".
The administrator has disabled public write access.