The Airborne Public Safety Association, Inc. (APSA), a California Public Benefit corporation, seeks proposals from individuals or entities to provide comprehensive education and training programming for public safety aviation personnel, managers and organizations as part of the ongoing APSA Education and Training Program. APSA is accepting proposals from qualified candidates through Friday, September 15, 2023, for this independent contractor position. For complete details, click on the link below.
The following list of tasks describes the primary duties and responsibilities of the contracted APSA Training Program Manager:
- Develop an annual education and training plan.
- Maintain liaison with current APSA instructors while recruiting and developing new instructors as needed. Maintain a database of those instructors.
- Maintain APSA training records.
- Review all instructional material for content and professionalism.
- Attend all APSA training events including, but not limited to, the annual conference, safety seminars, safety stand-tos and on-the-road courses.
- Facilitate all APSA training events to include, but not limited to, course/class topic and instructor selection, instructor scheduling, audio-visual needs, classroom setup, course/class critiques, issuance of certificates of class/course participation, and volunteer coordination.
- Develop, produce and facilitate online-based education and training programs.
- Prepare training articles for APSA publications.
- Work in concert with the APSA Safety Program Manager on the presentation of safety education at APSA training events with emphasis on current trends in aviation safety.
- Travel as required to perform duties and responsibilities.
- Provide both oral and written reports to the Board of Directors, as requested, and/or through the Executive Director.
- Publish a detailed annual report to the Board on the Education and Training Program and the accomplishments of the Training Program Manager.
- When specifically requested by the President or Executive Director, Training Program Manager may represent APSA at other than APSA meetings such as those conducted by HAI, IACP, NSA, FAA, IHST, AUVSI and NTSB.
Further, the Training Program Manager shall perform such other duties and responsibilities as the Executive Director and/or APSA Board may require from time to time.
All questions regarding this RFP should be submitted in writing to Dan Schwarzbach at firstname.lastname@example.org. All questions regarding this RFP will be answered by email and will be available to all persons or entities submitting a response to this RFP.
THE AIRBORNE PUBLIC SAFETY ASSOCIATION, INC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER