In keeping with the goals and objectives of the Airborne Public Safety Association, Inc. (APSA) and the Airborne Public Safety Foundation (APSF), we are committed to the highest degree of respect for the privacy of our members, visitors to our websites and attendees of our events. In this Privacy Statement, we use “we,” “us” or “our” to refer to APSA & APSF and “you” or “your” to refer to you, the user, member or visitor to our websites.
For certain purposes of this Privacy Statement, we distinguish between individuals who choose to join APSA as a member (“Members”) and users of our website (the “Site”) who simply visit the Site (“Visitors”) and do not choose to join as Members. Unless indicated otherwise, all provisions of this Privacy Statement apply to Visitors and Members. This Privacy Statement applies to all of our Sites and its related links within and without our Site.
When we do not rely on your consent to this Privacy Statement for use of “Your Data” (as defined below), we will tell you so. By accessing and using any of the Site as a Visitor, you expressly and knowingly consent to the information collection and use practices as described in this Privacy Statement.
Our commitment to your privacy, is based on the following principles which we apply to our use of both your personally identifiable data (“Personal Data”) and to certain anonymous information we collect when you visit our Sites (“Technical Information”, and together with Personal Data, “Your Data”):
- We will describe Your Data we will collect;
- We will inform you clearly about our collection and use of Your Data;
- We will either seek your express informed consent or rely on other legally permissible basis for the use of Your Data – either way, we will inform you of the basis for our use of Your Data;
- We will give you control over the privacy preferences that apply to Your Data, including the rights to (a) change your mind about our use, (b) have access to change or correct inaccurate aspects of Your Data, and (c) require that we delete all or parts of Your Data;
- We will not sell or rent your Personal Data to others;
- We endeavor to maximize the protection of Your Data, and provide you with prompt notice in the unlikely event that a data loss incident or breach occurs; and
- We will endeavor to be completely transparent and open about our data privacy policies and practices.
In addition, when you visit our Site, our Webmaster may collect the name of the domain you used to access the Internet (such as aol.com), which pages on our Site you visited and when they were visited, your Internet browser type and platform, the link that brought you to our Site and any links clicked within our Site. This information may be used by us, our service providers, affiliates and business partners to measure the number of visits, average time spent, page views and other statistics about visitors to our Site. We also use this data to monitor Site performance and make the Site easier and more convenient to use.
Please note that information you send to us electronically is not necessarily secure when it is transmitted to us. We suggest that you do not use unsecured electronic methods to communicate with us if your communication is very sensitive or includes highly confidential information such as a Social Security Number ("SSN") or a credit card number.
We strives to protect the confidentiality and security of credit card data provided to us that is in our custody or control by employing reasonable safeguards seeking to prevent unauthorized third-party access to the credit card information.